The success of a restaurant depends on the level of customer satisfaction it delivers. The restaurant staff plays a key role in making the customers happy and loyal. That’s why it is important to carefully select a diligent team that adheres to the principles and contributes greatly to profitability. In this article, we will discuss the key aspects to address while hiring competent restaurant staff.
What is the job of front of house staff?
In any restaurant or F&B establishment, there are two parts of the outlets, i.e. front of the house and back of the house. The front part is referred to the area where guests sit, eat and interact with the staff. The back house is referred to the area where the meals are cooked.
In the floor plan of a restaurant, the front of the house covers a considerable amount as it becomes the prime highlight and competitive factor. The front of the house includes areas where guests hang their coats, sit to eat, or order drinks for the bar. All these areas are equipped with a team of talented individuals who are responsible to make the visit memorable.
What are the benefits of having a competent front of house staff?
As discussed above, the front of house staff is responsible to create a lasting impression on the guests. Impressed customers will surely prioritize a restaurant, thus it is important to hire the most qualified team. In other words, competent front of house staff is needed for the following benefits:
- Enhanced customer experience
- Quick and consistent service
- Synchronized work
A capable team is important for the success of any business. The same principle applies to restaurants, where the harmony of back of house staff depends on the diligence and proficiency of the front staff. When both the team are capable to handle the workload with utmost confidence and calmness, the restaurant would surely get a competitive edge over the others.
How to find the best candidate for front of house staff?
The front of the house is divided into varied areas requiring a different set of skills. Apart from great communication skills and unmatched confidence, there are certain skills that you need to look for in a capable candidate. For instance:
- General manager: The candidate should possess the qualities to become a leader. Besides, the candidate should be able to handle every situation calmly and their tone should also be professional even in pressure conditions.
- Host: Hosts are the first persons to interact with the guests. They should leave a good first impression on the customers. Their behaviour and attitude should reflect that they are working in the best interest of the customers. They should be able to promote the best dishes to the guests.
- Waiting staff: The team should reflect a formal approach in their tone. They should be able to warmly welcome the guest and assist the customers throughout their visit.
- Bartender: They should have ample knowledge of the skills required to run a bar.
- Busser: They should be knowledgeable, active and full of energy to keep the ball rolling.
Finding a great front of house team is essential for the success of a restaurant. If you are searching for competent candidates then have a word with the Operational Chef Consultant. They are recognized as the best recruitment agency for restaurant staff in the UK. For more information please visit our website: https://operationalchefconsultant.com/